Re: ID 047e:2892 Agere Systems, Inc. (Lucent)

Demo,

Your system is setup for driver compiling. So herein is a general
solution which you can use under further kernel upgrades also.

Start the download of the dkms package from:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy-backports/dkms

Next from http://linux.zsolttech.com/linmodem/agrsm/   get the
dkms-agrsm_2.1.80-5_i386.deb

Get the agrsm-howto.txt  from
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/sv92/   (though the
driver building steps will be done by dkms)

Seplarately I'll send you agrsm-tools package.

With these  packages in a common folder (/home/demo or your Desktop is OK), run:
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Your drivers should be compiled  and installed.

To anticipate what to expect, first read:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg03863.html

Report back to the List presently.  We haven't run this setup under your
2.6.24-22-generic kernel previously.

MarvS