Re: Modem Not Detected - Axioo Zetta TSJ-8162

Rizal,

Support type needed or chipset: slmodemd supporting the snd-hda-intel
audio+modem driver

  An ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) modem driver:  snd-hda-intel
  provides Low Level support enabling contact with the modem hardware.
  For all BUT Conexant chip soft modems (using hsfmodem software)
  complementary High Level support is through a Smartlink utility:  slmodemd

  Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
  the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.3.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd.
Unpack under Linux with:
        $ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.3.tar.gz
  and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
        sudo slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa hw:0,6
  reporting dynamic creation of ports:
        /dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
  Read DOCs/Smartlink.txt and Modem/DOCs/YourSystem.txt for follow
through guidance.

Aargh, your cpu is x86_64 which might make a difference, better wait a
bit for better advice.

Regards,

Antonio