Re: [Fwd: SHARON DONEGAN, USA, can't find the ps viewer program] FIXED THIS!

Jacques and Marv, I had solved the problem thru the settings and thought I had sent you this message. So sorry for the extra work but thanks for another solution! Sharon------------

"Since Efax is so user friendly now I figured there must be some fix easier
than using the Terminal.

Went into Efax-Gtk, File, Settings, Print and changed the "lpr" setting to
"Use GTK +  print system".

All is well.  And if someone else has a similar situation, I'll be glad to
help.

Sharon"

Jacques Goldberg wrote:
Sorry but from Marv's answer I believe that I had not understood Sharon's initial query.

To view PostScript you need the following packages:

ghostscript    which does the work
ghostscript-fonts    self explanatory
gv (try ghostview if gv not found), a front end which makes ghostscript easy to use.

gs is an alias for ghostscript and gv an alias for ghostview

It may even be easier for you to use ps2pdf (included in the ghostscript package) piped to acroread.

Since I may begin to understand what Sharon needs, however, note that for myself I open the tif files (fax files) by applying a tiny script to the pipe tiff2pdf | acroread
without any need to go through PostScript.
The   pipe   tiff2pdf | lpr  would of course produce direct printing.

Sharon, was that the expected answer?

Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Sharon,

I'm on a Mac for two more days.  To get PostScript viewer information do
$ apt-cache search postscript.

MarvS

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Sharon or Dan Donegan