Re: Modem Driver compilation error

Viola!!!
My modem is working at this time! As a matter of fact I'm using
Evolution email client at the time of writing :-D. I'm so glad that now
I can use my Linux at all time.

I thank you all guys @ linmodems for making such a great effort in
helping everyone, to have our modem work under Linux.

MABUHAY!!!!

What I did is: (followed Ken's instructions)

I downloaded the package ->
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/Ubuntu/slamr-2.6.24-21-generic.tar.gz
extracted the package and copied the file "setup" to
slamrCDboot-2.6.27-7-generic folder; run sudo ./setup and presto! it's
installing the driver.
But Ken was right, installing the driver for the first time is not
successful. Terminated the process with ^C and re-run the setup for the
second time and Boom! Drivers installed successfully. Checked with
wvdialconf, modem was detected and installed properly.

Now I'm a happy Linux user :).

Once again guys, thank you so much! God bless you all

Sincerely yours,

Ernie