phone as a modem.. Niesha Mahepath

Alex, Marv, Atonio, & fellow forum members,
I have no dial tone because the modem that my laptop is attempting to dial from is my laptops. The modem that I need to be using is my phone the z310a. So does this mean that I need to use gnome ppp instead? I have come so far, and this recent puzzle piece seems to be the key to getting online. As discuss before, I was able to do this with my pegux50 and I have found evidence of other ubuntu users being able to emulate a similar technique with their cpus.
as always all help is appreciated.
niesha