Re: Tom Revington, New Zealand

tom,

Kernels 2.4.2 are now ancient, and will not support much of the
current/newer hardware.   If you are just beginning Linux , you will
be much better served doing an install with some current Redhat, its
Fedora cousin, Ubuntu hardy release , etc, with kernels in the
2.6.22-25 range.

But an  Intel 536ep driver is a the correct match for your modem hardware.

MarvS