Fwd: New to Linux in general; making symlinks to modem persistent?

Hey Everyone,

First off, let me thank you all for your hard work.  We all appreciate it!!

Now, on to my issue:  How can I make the modem setup persistent?  It
seems as though every time I reboot my Ubuntu 8.04 box, I have to redo
the modprobe for the agrsm drivers I'm using, then re-create the
symbolic link between ttyAGS3 and ttySmodem1 for the Hylafax system
I'm attempting to set up.  After taking these steps, I can
successfully use cu to connect to ttySmodem1 and dial out (tested by
dialing our MPLS router's modem).

I'm relatively new to Linux, and realize I've taken on quite a project
for a beginner, but I understand most of the basic concepts I've
encountered so far.  Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!
Rob Kendrick