Re: Help with Kyocera KPC680 modem...Attn MarvS?

Jim,

The so called fix was only to put the  KPC680  ID 0c88:180a into the
2.6.24 airprime.ko code for the previous Kyocera model, without any
change in functionality.  Since the   KPC680 is now recognized under
2.6.27-4, that ID fix is already in.  I am completely without skills
to assist in your functionality problem.

But perhaps before trying  a reconnect, unload and reload  the driver:
$ sudo modprobe -r airprime
$ sudo modprobe airprime

Watch your kernel messages during such usage with:
$ tail -f /var/log/messages  &

Do report back

MarvS