Re: Dennis Smith, Canada, PCLinuxOS release 2007 (PCLinuxOS) for i586,Kernel 2.6.18.8.tex5 on an i686 / kernel 2.6.18.8.tex5

Dennis,

In more detail:
from http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/full/downloads.php
download the 	hsfmodem_7.68.00.12full_i386.deb.zip
> Downloaded packages must be moved into the Linux partition (home folder is OK)
> and unzipped with:
>    unzip hsf*.zip
> The installation command for a .deb suffic packages is, with root/adm permission:
>   dpkg -i hsf*.deb
etc.

Send to the list if help is needed.   Be sure to read the wvdial.txt
before attempting a dialout.  Shutdown the wireless before trying to
dial out, or you may CONNECT for browsing (DNS service) will fail.
Check with:
# ifconfig
then as necessary
# ifconfig wlan0  down
or whatever is your wireless designation instead of wlan0
Also
# ifconfig eth0 down
if that is up.  Only then
# wvdial