Re: Thomas, Kazakhstan, kernel 2.6.24-16-generic

Dear MarvS:

Thank you for all your help so far, but please help me just a little bit more.

I gave up on that installer (dldrinstall.run) and went back to the second suggestion in your original message to me. I was able to download the hsfmodem*.deb package, install it, and configure it using wvdial.conf.  But again, I am stuck at the very last step - wvdial. doesn't work. When I try to run it, I get the message "command not found".  I searched my file system, and can't find it on my computer.

The other instruction I was not able to follow was reading DOCs/Testing.txt and DOCs/Conexant.txt. I can't find either one on my computer, Linuxant, or Linmodem.

(As you can tell from all this, I am far from expert and very lost.  Please bear with me. Also, I have internet access even as I try to install the dialup modem.  I have intermittent access to a wireless router, and only work on this when I have access.)

Thomas Balderston
International Development Consultant
Phone: +1-202-470 3205