Re: Thomas, Kazakhstan, kernel 2.6.24-16-generic

Thomas,

Excuse me but I am not intelligent enough to understand what you mean by: "I downloaded the installer".
Which installer is this "THE", you did not say, and I cannot guess.

Is it the file "hsfmodem-7.68.00.12x86_64full.tar.gz" which Marv told you to download, or the Linuxant crap named "cnxtinstall.run" ?

Installing hsfmodem-7.68.00.12x86_64full.tar.gz does not require any browser, it just requires to read the instructions for installation using method C in the "Installation" page linked from the HSF menu on the left side of page http://www.linuxant.com/drivers.

cnxtinstall.run does use a browser but Marv did not tell you to use it, and I name that "installer" crap because it makes things more complicated than the straight method and because it requires that you already have a working connection (LAN, ADSL, other modem) because it downloads material from the Linuxant site, which is of course not possible when you just have a modem still not working (the hen and the eggs, you know...)

I have asked Linuxant several times to remove it. No effect.

Jacques
Thomas Balderston wrote:
Dear Mr. Stodolsky:

Thanks for you help, I am almost there, but not quite.
I got the license, downloaded the installer, installed the software, everything going well. Next step is go to Web Configurator at
http://127.0.0.1:18020/
but I can't get there. It asks the username and password again, just like it did at the previous step, but the same password doesn't work. Nothing works, at least not in four complete re-installations with every variation in detail I could think of.

Please, how do I get this web configurator page? How do I complete the installation?

Thomas Balderston
International Development Consultant
Phone: +1-202-470 3205