Re: openSUSE 10.2 (i586) - Kernel ,Linux version 2.6.18.2-34-default (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

Artur,
Excuse me for asking a trivial question but we cannot guess nor be sure about what you did not write in your mail. First let us put aside KPPP because as far as I remember it is not easy to configure the name of the modem. This and many other reasons are why we recomment to debug your installation with wvdial - even if you later want to change for Kppp or whatever.

As from now I assume that you know what you are doing and specially that slamr is the driver which you need.

So please can you confirm that:
1-- /sbin/lsmod shows that slamr is indeed LOADED in the memory of your computer, which is ALL that modprobe does. modprobe by itself does NOT make slamr run. 2-- You have started slmodemd which IS what makes the modem active (of course it uses module slamr). 3-- That before trying to use wvdial you must first set up wvdial for connection by running one time wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf (run as su). This REQUIRES that slmodemd be running - of course not in the window where you try to run wvfialconf (and later wvdial). Then you need to edit file /etc/wvdial.conf (phone number, username, password) 4-- Only then you can try wvdial AND YOU MUST LEAVE SLMODEMD RUNNING during the session.

Have you done all that step by step?
Have you received any error message when running slmodemd and/or wvdialconf?

Jacques

Artur Karimov wrote:
Hello, Marvin,
Thanks for helping. I did what you wrote so I could install the slamr module. I make it running by modprobe command (after ungrab-winmodem module) but still can't connect. Modem is not responsive. KPPP dialer writes "modem is busy", WVDIAL after I installed slamr defined modem but after I reloaded system writes it can't find modem. Here is my refreshed modemdata.txt with dmesg.txt (I have installed driver on anew installed SuSE). And I can't make slmodemd service running through yast2.
Thanks,

artur