Re: AW: AW: 11c11040 modem with agrsm-ubuntu8.04.1-2.6.24-19-generic.tar.gz and othre kernels

Indeed... It's just a case of WVdial being a royal
PITA. using Kinternet seems to resolve this as it
interfaces with the firewall and so on on my SuSE
system and updates the default route etc.
Bjorn.

--- Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> > routing issue? In that case, you only need to set
> route to the host at
> > the other end of your dial up connection if it's
> your gateway. Come to
> > think of it, my eth0 is up at boot long before I
> get the kmod for the
> > linmode loaded, dialout, and get a ppp0 to work
> with.
> >
> > If you're using pppd, you can also put commands in
> ip-up and ip-down
> > scripts in /etc/ppp. Those get run before and
> after pppd does its thing.
> >

> > These are actually from the machine I'm on now,
> but are almost identical
> > to the ones I'm refering to (connecting the same
> ISP in the same way).
> >
> > root> pppd call localnet
> >
> > My nameservers are always set and don't change.
> >

> > /etc/ppp/peers/localnet:
> > --------------------------------------
> >
> > ## Localnet.com
> > ##
> > ## PPPd peer connect script
> >
> > lock
> > defaultroute
> > noipdefault
> >
> > # Using the cellphone's built-in modem
> > #/dev/ttyACM0
> >
> > # Using the Conexant Linmodem when we've the kmods
> for it
> > /dev/ttySHSF0
> >
> > 57600
> > crtscts
> > debug
> > noauth
> > passive
> > asyncmap 0
> > name "myusername"
> >
> > connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f
> /etc/ppp/localnet-connect"
> >

> > /etc/ppp/localnet-connect:
> > ---------------------------------------
> >
> > TIMEOUT 60
> > ABORT ERROR
> > ABORT BUSY
> > ABORT "NO CARRIER"
> > ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
> > "" "AT&FH0"
> > OK "atdt2354500"
> > TIMEOUT 75
> > CONNECT
> >

> > /etc/ppp/ip-up:
> > ---------------------------------------
> >

> > #!/bin/zsh
> > ##
> > ## This file /etc/ppp/ip-up is run by pppd when
> there's a
> > ## successful ppp connection.
> > ## Any commands you want printed to the screen
> should be directed
> > ## to: >/dev/tty0
> > ##
> > ## The companion file is /etc/ppp/ip-down, it's
> run when the PPP
> > ## connection ends.
> > ##
> > ## Parameter args:
> > ##    1 = network device (ex: ppp0)
> > ##    2 = device attached to (ex: /dev/modem)
> > ##    3 = Speed of connection 57600 (ISP will rate
> limit this down)
> > ##    4 = (your, eg, this host) local IP
> > ##    5 = remote pppd IP address
> >
> > # The environment is cleared before executing this

PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin

=== message truncated ===