Re: AW: 11c11040 modem with agrsm-ubuntu8.04.1-2.6.24-19-generic.tar.gz and othre kernels

Hi Robert,
Do you have your kernel sources installed? (check
synaptics for a package called kernel-source, and
verify the version is the same as your current running
kernel.)

At this point, you will need to start by compiling the
driver in agrsm-HDA-20080721.tar.bz2 in the 11c11040
pit of the linmodems site.
(http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/)
The instructions on how to build are in the HOWTO also
at that location. (ignore the stuff about patching
ALSA for now).
If you can get them successfully built, then we can
continue and address the alsa issue. If those drivers
do not build, you will need to use the ALSA15 version
of the package, but we'll climb that wall when we get
to it.
Bjorn.

http://www.nabble.com/Linux-Winmodem-Support---Discussion-f27292.html