Re: 11c11040 Re: Agere Systems HDA Modem

Bjorn Wielens wrote:
Hello, It looks like the ALSA symbols didn't get exported
correctly. Please look at this HOWTO and follow steps
2 and three:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/HOWTO-Agere-11c11040-HDA.html

Bjorn.

Hi Bjorn, Marvin,

OK. I have grabbed the HOWTO and studied it. While the steps are straight forward the whole thing comes undone on the reboot (Knoppix 5.3.1 live DVD).

Looks like I will have to wait until Fedora 9 arrives on the Linux Magazine DVD and I can install it on a USB stick.

I can then follow all the steps and see what I can get working on F9

Many thanks to yourself, Marvin and all the others working hard to solve this beast of a modem.

I will keep you up to date on my success or otherwise and call on your expertise if you will allow.

<rant>

Any and all 'modem' chip makers and those who use them on their cards should be obliged to provide drivers for all current operating systems and be generic enough to provide the service regardless of kernel version (within reason).

We hardware buyers should boycott all hardware that does not come with a full hardware modem and/or serial port.

</rant>

Kind regards,

Graeme.

--- Graeme Nichols <gnichols@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bjorn Wielens wrote:
Hi Graeme,
After doing the insmod, can you send me the output
of
'dmesg | tail'? this will help us figure out what
went
wrong.
Bjorn.
Hi Bjorn, Marvin,

OK. Done.

Thank you.

Regards,

Graeme.

--- Graeme Nichols <gnichols@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bjorn Wielens wrote:
Hi Graeme, This issue has been brought to our attention,
and
can
be resolved by copying the serial26.c file from
the
agrsm-HDA-20080721.tar.bz2 file over the
serial26.c
file in the agrsm-HDA-20080721-ALSA15 folder
you're
currently working from.

Cheers,
Bjorn.
Hi Bjorn, Marvin,

Some progress. I copied over the file as you
suggest
above.

make module completes without error.

make install fails.

insmod also fails.

I have attached the output of both commands.

This may be fairly simple to overcome now (he
says
keeping his fingers crossed)

Regards,

Graeme.

Release Date: 29/07/2008 5:26 PM

Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.9
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.8
warning: process `hwsetup' used the deprecated
sysctl system call with 1.23.
warning: process `hwsetup' used the deprecated
sysctl system call with 1.49.
warning: process `hwsetup' used the deprecated
sysctl system call with 1.49.
device-mapper: ioctl: 4.12.0-ioctl (2007-10-02)
initialised: dm-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
loop: AES key scrubbing enabled
loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
aufs clean_plink:361:mount[4022]: failed rmdir
.wh..wh.plink (-39), ignored.
r8169: eth0: link down
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
ogg123[4425]: segfault at b766e020 eip b7eeda4f esp
bfa27544 error 4
agrmodem: module license 'Proprietary' taints
kernel.
agrmodem: Unknown symbol snd_hda_codec_read
agrmodem: Unknown symbol snd_hda_codec_write
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_get_baud_rate
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_resume_port
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_register_driver
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_suspend_port
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_remove_one_port
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_update_timeout
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_unregister_driver
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_get_divisor
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_add_one_port
agrserial: Unknown symbol uart_write_wakeup