Re: scanModem License

John

Re: ? Could it be integrated into GNU/Linux distros and can a GUI be
created for it
If you would like to take it on, swell.

A major task would be to rewrite the BASH calls with PERL replacements,
as preferred by the Debians and other Distros.
Basically,  I've learned BASH scripting in the course of maintaining scanModem,
and it is easy for me to do fixes thereunder.

Not having done a GUI, I can't guess how much work that would be.

A prime guiding principle in the current scanModem output to ModemData.txt
is that all diagnostics info that might be necessary
to immediately return guidance should be resident,
so that other files don't have to be opened or other URLs gone to.
Many of fielding advice are not on out Home PCs some of the time,
and wouldn't have auxilliary files available.

The ongoing modem hardware evolution is so fast,
that it is probably wise to maintain the greater flexibility of text display.

Also some rare Users are not working under a GUI, and can only use a
command line script.

MarvS
scanModem maintianer