Re: Agere 11C11040 Modem on HDA cards. (Menedas)

Hi Menedas,
Yes, depmod -ae updates the kernel's list of available modules.

Re kernel updates: We've received reports that the agrsm driver works on kernels up to 2.6.26, which is practically bleeding-edge... Though it will mean re-compiling the snd-hda-intel module and likely the agrsm module after every major update.

You've been very helpful and patient in getting this sorted. (I'll CC you when Roan has a success, provided I remember. If not, check the 11c11040 pit once in a while for new packages with the name 11c11040 -(distro)-(kernel version) which will contain modules precompiled for those systems.

Best,
Bjorn.

menedas wrote:
Hi Bjorn,
I have two more questions. First what is depmod -ae for? Updating internal kernel module database?

And how should this keep working with an update to next kernels like 2.6.20? Such a new kernel does have new directories. And it wouldn't copy snd-hda-intel.ko to its new hda directory. I don't understand it.

Thanks for your help.

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.
http://de.overview.mail.yahoo.com