Re: HD Audio modem not detected by hsfmodem in Kubuntu Hardy (8.04)

Golam,

Before using wvdial did you run
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
to write the needed /etc/wvdial.conf.

If should be edited with:
$ sudo gedit  /etc/wvdial.conf
removing the ; < > symbols, while putting in your personal info.

Then a dialout with
$ sudo wvdial
could be successful.  sudo usage is necessary for all COMM channel usage.

If there is still a failure do:
$ sudo hsfmodem  --diagnose
which will write output to the /tmp/ folder.
Send the output to "Support (Jonathan)" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, who
will respond on Monday, likely.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer