Re: Max Italy, 11c11040

Hi Max,
ALSA-Lib shouldn't be a problem, since the symbols are
provided by the ALSA modules.
The unknown symbols are probably because only the
newer snd-hda-intel module is loaded, and not all of
the other newer ones.
The newly made modules should all be copied to
/lib/modules/(kernel version)/sound directory, if I'm
not mistaken.

You can try copying the contents of that dir to a safe
place (e.g. your home directory) and then deleting it.
Then, fill it with the modules (.ko files ) in (alsa
source dir)/modules and run 'depmod -ae' to update
dependencies.
After this it should only load the new modules.
Bjorn.

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/agrsm-HDA-2008072
> >1-ALSA15.tar.bz2
> >
> > untar with 'tar -jxvf FILE_NAME'
> > move into the directory, and do 'make module'.
> > If you get any errors, be sure to paste the output
> of
> > 'make module' in to your reply.
> >
> > After that is done, copy the two .ko files to your
> > modules directory as described in my earlier HOWTO
> > e-mail. After running 'sudo depmod -ae', you
> should be
> > able to do 'sudo modprobe agrmodem' and 'sudo
> modprobe
> > agrserial'after which /dev/ttyAGS3 will be the
> port
> > you can access your modem with. (for wvdial, etc.)
> >
> > Good luck!
> > Bjorn.
> >
> > --- Max <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Here I am again,
> > > alsa-driver and alsa-lib 1.0.15rc3 (do I need
> any
> > > other alsa tarball?)
> > > successfully compiled.
> > > I didn't install them yet because, if I
> understood,
> > > they have to be modified
> > > before compiling (am I right?).
> > > Please let me know how I have to proceed.
> > > Thanks again.
> > > Max

> of
> > >
> > > the

> the
> > >
> > > other

> > > source

> > > the

> can
> > >
> > > get

> > > continue.

> to a
> works
> > >
> > > on

> used
> > >
> > > it

> had

> > > configuration

> would
> > >
> > > cause

> > > advice?

> work.

> > > earlier

> > > name,

> ALSA-driver
> > >
> > > 1.0.15

> > > modules

> > > `/usr/src/linux-2.6.22.17-0.1-obj/i386/default'

=== message truncated ===