Re: Jill, Canada kernel 2.6.24-19-generic (11c11040)

Hi Jill,
That output tells us you have an LSI 1040 modem that
is hosted on your sound card.
Please read the HOWTO for 11c11040 modem for more
information.
I can help you get this modem working.
You will need to compile a custom version of ALSA, so
please use your favourite package manager (or
'alsamixer -v' in a terminal) to find out what version
your distribution came with.
Let me know what version, and I'll provide you with
further steps.
Bjorn.

--- Jillian Hoddinott <jill_hoddinott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can somebody please help me understand what this
> means?
>
> Thanks,
> Jill
>
> --------------------------  System information
> ----------------------------
> CPU=i686,
> Linux version 2.6.24-19-generic (buildd@palmer) (gcc
> version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)) #1 SMP Wed
> Jun 18 14:43:41 UTC 2008
>  scanModem update of:  2008_07_21
>
>  There are no blacklisted modem drivers in
> /etc/modprobe*  files
> Attached USB devices are:
>  ID 04f2:b008 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
>
> USB modems not recognized
>
> For candidate card in slot 00:1b.0, firmware
> information and bootup diagnostics are:
>  PCI slot	PCI ID		SubsystemID	Name
>  ----------	---------	---------	--------------
>  00:1b.0	8086:27d8	1179:ff02	Audio device: Intel
> Corporation 82801G
>
>  Modem interrupt assignment and sharing:
>  21:        490          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   HDA
> Intel
>  --- Bootup diagnostics for card in PCI slot 00:1b.0
> ----
> [  165.152133] ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:1b.0[A]
> -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 21
> [  165.152194] PCI: Setting latency timer of device
> 0000:00:1b.0 to 64
>

> ===== Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA)
> diagnostics =====
> The ALSA packages provide audio support and also
> drivers for some modems.
> ALSA diagnostics are written during bootup to
> /proc/asound/ folders.
>
>  PCI slot 00:1b.0 has a High Definition Audio Card
>  The drivers are in the kernel modules tree at:

/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/linmodems/archive-sixth/msg02637.html

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-sixth/msg04656.html

> Read Modem/DOCs/YourSystem.txt concerning other COMM
> channels: eth0 wlan0 wmaster0
> Which can interfere with Browser naviagation.
>
>  Don't worry about the following, it is for experts
> should trouble shooting be necessary.

=== message truncated ===

http://www.flickr.com/gift/