Re: Sally USA Mandriva Toshiba A105 scanModem picks up WRONG sound info, directions not working

Sally,

RE: usr/sbin/slmodemd --alsa hw:0,6 -c USA
order may be important. Try
   usr/sbin/slmodemd   -c USA  --alsa hw:0,6

from your Microsoft diagnotics
--------
>PROPERTIES: sound 'card': Realtek Semiconductor Corp 11/17/2006
>Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (w/SRS)
-------
SInce a Realtek card is Not among you PCI devices,
I expect this means that Realtek sound chip is in fact EITHER
1) it is housed on the
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SB450 HDA Audio (rev 01)
OR
2) had a non-standard bridge with the motherboard.

MarvS

MarvS