Re: HOWTO for Agere 11C11040 Modem on HDA cards. (Roan, menedas, & others)

Hi Menedas,
Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this, because we will be making a 'custom' verison of the ALSA drivers.
For this reason, we cannot use standard packages.
However, it is quite easy to remove the changes we have made afterwards, by just re-installing the current kernel from your package manager. As far as for kernel updates, we've had reports this will work on kernels up to and including 2.6.26, so you should be okay for quite a while. And, once we have enough success reports, perhaps someone will be kind enough to make a package.
Re ALSA FTP: I can download the file using the following link:
ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/driver/alsa-driver-1.0.17.tar.bz2

Best,
Bjorn.

menedas wrote:
Hi,
thank you very much, that you want to help us.

Just a question. I don't like to install things not going into my deb
repository. Because I fear that it taint my system and makes problems
with future major release updates and also that I have to recompile all
again after a new kernel update.

How is your opinion to this?

The alsa ftp seems to be down.

Thank you very much again for you help.

Bjorn Wielens wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Marv has asked me to help you with the Agere 11C11040 modem that is causing plenty of grief. If you have one, and can't get it working, I'm going to do my best to help you below.
(Lets try to do this in one thread, to keep list clutter down.)

First off, please make sure you have the latest version of ALSA drivers installed.
You can get this from the ALSA site, http://www.alsa-project.org/
The file is called alsa-driver-1.0.17.tar.bz2.
Once you've downloaded it, change to the directory its in and do the following:
 > tar -jxvf alsa-driver-1.0.17.tar.bz2
 > cd alsa-driver-1.0.17/
 > ./configure
 > make
 > sudo make install

at this point the drivers should be installed.
Now, reboot your machine to load the new drivers (or you can manually use modprobe to add/remove, after switching to runlevel 3)
After reboot, open a terminal, and 'cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1'
Your output should be as follows:

Codec: LSI ID 1040
Address : 1
Vendor ID: 11c11040
Subsystem ID <your subsystem>
Revision Id: your revision
Modem Function Group: 0x1

Let me know if you have any problems getting to this stage, and I'll do my best to help you. Once we've gotten everyone to this point, we'll continue.
Bjorn.

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.
http://de.overview.mail.yahoo.com