RE: FW: DJ, USA, Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 kernel 2.6.25.4

After running:
$ sudo modprobe martian_dev
$ sudo martian_modem
get:
>martian: error: open: Device or resource busy
>martian: info: martian is already running

Assume this is not a real error, just that martian already active? But maybe
this is broken?

After running:
$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
get:
same output as original

After running:
$ sudo dmesg | grep 'martian'
get:
>martian loaded - 20080617
>martian: added device 11c1:44e BaseAddress = 0X2400, CommAddres =
0X2800, irq = 18
>martian_modem is attached

I tried running wvdialconf again, but still same results.

You help is very much appreciated.  Thank you.
DJ

Internet
> [...]
> > chipset and its
> >  continued maintenance is only initiated at the request of a major
chipset
> > buyer,
> >  or comparable sponsor. Several different  modem chipset types  are
> > produced:
> >  with varying support under Linux.
> >  Device ID  Support        Name           Comment
> >  ---------  -------------  -----------    -----------------------------
> >  0480       serial drivers Venus           controller chipset 1673JV7
> >  0440-045d  martian        Mars/Apollo     DSP (digital signal
processing)
> > chipsets
> >  0462       none           56K.V90/ADSL Wildwire
> >  048d none                 SV2P            soft modem
> >  048(c or f) AGRSM         SV2P            soft modem
> >  0600       none           soft modem, very few in the field.
> >  0620       AGRSM          Pinball  soft modem, in some HP desktop PCs
> >  011c11040  AGRSM_RedFlag  Softmodem on some High Definition Audio
cards,
> > support only for Red Flag kernel 2.6.21-20
> >  062(1-3)   none           SV92PP,Pinball  soft modem, in some HP
desktop
> > PCs
> >
> > martian - At
> > http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/
> > AGRSM - At http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/sv92/ , the
> > agrsm-20080203.tar.gz
> > AGRSM_RedFlag at  At
> > http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/
> > The  suse-10-2a.tar.gz has newer Agere/LSI code, but there are compiling
> > problems with newer kernels/
> >
> >  0x044e -- Mars 3 Mercury data fax only
> > -------------- end Agere Systems section -------------------
> >
> >  Completed candidate modem analyses.
> >
> >  The base of the UDEV device file system is: /dev/.udev
> >
> >  Versions adequately match for the compiler installed: 4.1.2
> >             and the compiler used in kernel assembly: 4.1.2
> >

> >  Minimal compiling resources appear complete:
> >   make utility - /usr/bin/make
> >   Compiler version 4.1
> >   linuc_headers base folder /lib/modules/2.6.25.4-custom/build
> >
> >  However some compilations and executable functions may need additional
> > files,
> >  in the FileNames.h (so called kernel "h"eaders) collection installed in
> > /usr/include/ .
> >  For martian_modem, additional required packages are n. The also
required
> > headers of package libc6 are commonly installed by default.
> >  Compiling hsfmodem drivers does require linux-libc-dev and libc6-dev
> > packages, for kernels 2.6.24 and later versions.
> >  In not included on your install CD, search for them at
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com
> >  or comparable Repository for other Linux distros.
> >  When compiling ALSA drivers, the utility "patch" will also be needed.
> >

> > Compressed files at: /usr/src/linux-2.6.25.4.tar.bz2
> >
> > For Debian and some related distributions, a package
kernel-kbuild-2.6-25
> > may be needed to support driver compiling.
> >

> > If a driver compilation fails, with message including some lack of some
> > FileName.h (stdio.h for example), then
> > Some additional kernel-header files need installation to /usr/include.
The