Re: Agere 11c11040 module building success - 2.6.25.5

Does it actually work? I have a 11c11040 and no idea how to get it to work. The directions here are a bit complicated.

I have ALSA x.16 I think. Will these new two files work with it? Or do they need x.15?

Can you post complete directions for a newbie? I can't get the patch to work, does this supercede the patch? I did get ALSA x.16 (I think) to compile and install without patches.

Willow

Bjorn Wielens wrote:
Hi all,
As promised, here's the update and the logs.
This is a 32 bit system, kernel 2.6.25.5-pae (openSuSE 11 default)
modem.log details the kernel OOPS I get caused by modem-update-hda-structs.patch. modem1.log details two attempts. The first with all patches EXCEPT modem-update-hda-structs.patch and agrsm-hda_codec.patch.
This is the build that gives 'no stream' errors. (see log)
The second half of the log (below the ------------------------------ line) details the attempt WITH the agrsm_hda_codec.patch but without the update-hda-structs patch. This builds and loads fine (no complaints of missing symbols either, unlike the other two builds) but does a hard lockup on trying to access the modem device. (this happens even if I boot SuSE in 'failsafe' mode.) The other two files, hda_codec.c and hda_codec2.c are the two ALSA codec files that have been modified to export the read/write symbols for agrsm. the former is from alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_codec.c and the latter is pci/hda/hda_codec.c

So close... but yet so far. Hope we can figure this out- I would hate to have to go back to an earlier kernel version on my laptop, since the wireless is now finally working properly.

Bjorn.

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Bjorn,

It would be worth retesting the Agere Driver pair with potential
resource conflicts minimized.
In /etc/discover.conf  comment out anything you don't need.
Also blacklist or unload any non-essential modules.
Then reboot and retest.
 modprobe agrmodem
may be harmless, as the IRQ is taken only upon
modprobe agrserial

Please report also to the List if successful.

MarvS