Re: Elmer, USA, Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 kernel 2.6.8-2-686

Elmer

Re:   #blacklist intel8x0 softmodem driver which interferes with sound
driver  snd_intel8x0m
---------
is not true.  Rather snd_intel8x0m is the modem driver and it depends
on snd_intel8x0.  Do
$ lsmod  | grep intel8x0m
which will show relationships

Sadly /dev/pts/N ports do not (yet) support sound,
so you can browse, but not  get sound from the Internet.

With respect do usb, just leave that line alone,
as you have gotten on line OK.

 However
RE:  modem interrupt assignment and sharing:
 11:     135715          XT-PIC  yenta, ohci1394, Intel ICH4,
ehci_hcd, uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, eth2, radeon@PCI:1:0:0, eth0

You won't be able to navigate unless before dialup:
# ifconfig eth0 down
# ifconfig eth2 down
as DNS services will be blocked.

MarvS