11c11040 modem chipset : Agere D40 agrmodemlib.o

On 6/23/08, Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With respect to the USB warnings, they can likely be commented out of the code.

I do not mind the USB warnings, I have seen them before :)

agrmodemlib.o is actually quite powerful, supporting more than one modem by AGERE/LSI.
But not all "wrapper code" is being released.

Still, Quanta sells the IL1 clones (with D40 modem) in high volume figures. There would be no point in leaving
all those customers with a dead phone jack (unless they use Bill Gaits stuff).

It is somewhat understandable that LSI does not like to give away their source for the agrmodemlib.
maybe there is a way to fix it remotely without full source-code access to a maintainer.

--Frank