Re: I need a suggestion

RE: The HDA card softmodem chip is 0x11c11040
This is clearly a scanModem bug
Will fix.

Yout modem should setup under Ubuntu kernel 2.6.24-16-generic with:
$ sudo  modprobe snd-via82xx-modem
 $ sudo   slmodemd -c URUGUAY --alsa modem:1
Open a 2nd console and the modem should be found by:
$ wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
Edit in dialout info with:
$ sudo gedit  /etc/wvdial.conf
see the wvdial.txt in the SLMODEMD package for details.

Afterwards dialout with:
$sudo wvdial

There is a new problem under 2.6.24 kernels which may block second
call outs after a first success.  If this happens to you, just stop
slmodmed with:
  Ctrl-C
Unload the driver:
$ sudo  modprobe  -r snd-via82xx-modem

Then again setup:
$ sudo  modprobe snd-via82xx-modem
 $ sudo   slmodemd -c URUGUAY --alsa modem:1

MarvS
scanModem maintainer

MarvS
scanModem maintaienr