Re: Sameer, India kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Sameer,

Folder
/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/ubuntu/media/snd-hda-intel/
has driver types from the initial Ubuntu installation.

Define a short hand:
SITE=/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/ubuntu/media/snd-hda-intel/
Check with:
 ls $SITE
For every DriverName.ko displayed, do:
sudo mv $SITE/DriverName.ko DriverName.ko.old

Upon reboot, the new ALSA 1.0.16  drivers in
 /lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/kernel/sound/pci/hda/
will be used instead.

Rerun scanModem.  Hopefully the modem will now be detected.
Report to the List, not me directly:

MarvS