Re: Intel Modem ...

--- On Fri, 5/30/08, Adriano Lorencetti <loren7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Adriano Lorencetti <loren7@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Intel Modem ...
> To: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:29 AM
> Please, somebody can help me with this modem ???
>
> Attached is the file ModemData.txt generated by
> "scanModem" software ...
>
> I try to install following the instructions by
> "Intel.txt" generated
> by "scanModem" but "error" apear ...

Please post your error message.  Otherwise we cannot help you much.

> Tank's ...

By the way, the other modem detected

You may try the SLMODEMD package from

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/

SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz <--- This one is the one you need follow the instructions provided.

 For candidate modem in:  00:03.3
   Class 0700: 8086:2a07 Serial controller: Intel Corporation Mobile KT Controller
      Primary device ID:  8086:2a07
    Subsystem PCI_id  8086:5754
    Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics:
                               from    Archives:

Support type needed or chipset:	slmodemd

 An ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) modem driver:
 provides Low Level support enabling contact with the modem hardware.
 For all BUT Conexant chip soft modems (using hsfmodem software)
 complementary High Level support is through a Smartlink utility:  slmodemd

 Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
 the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd. Unpack under Linux with:
 	$ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz
 and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
 	 slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa modem:1
 reporting dynamic creation of ports:
	/dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
 Read Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.

Regards,

Antonio