Re: Mahmood, Iran kernel 2.6.24-16-generic

I should forward this back to list and see what they suggest.  The
other thing that occurs to me is to comile the
slmodem-2.9.11-20080417.tar.gz with alsa support, but not just yet

Predictive diagnostics for card in bus 00:1b.0:
       Modem chipset  detected on
CLASS="Class 0403: 8086:284b"
NAME="Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H "
SUBSYS=1043:1339
PCIDEV=8086:284b
IRQ=23
HDA=8086:284b
SOFT=8086:284b.HDA
CodecArchived=10573055
CHIP=0x10573055
IDENT=slmodemd
SLMODEMD_DEVICE=hw:0,6
Driver=snd-hda-intel

 For candidate modem in:  00:1b.0
  Class 0403: 8086:284b Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H
     Primary device ID:  8086:284b
   Subsystem PCI_id  1043:1339
   Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics: 0x10573055
                              from    Archives: 0x10573055, residing
on a HDA Subsystem with support by slmodemd and driver snd-hda-intel
                       The HDA card softmodem chip is 0x10573055

Support type needed or chipset: slmodemd supporting the snd-hda-intel
audio+modem driver

 An ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) modem driver:  snd-hda-intel
 provides Low Level support enabling contact with the modem hardware.
 For all BUT Conexant chip soft modems (using hsfmodem software)
 complementary High Level support is through a Smartlink utility:  slmodemd

 Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/
 the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.2.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd. Unpack
under Linux with:
       $ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.2.tar.gz
 and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
       sudo slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa hw:0,6
 reporting dynamic creation of ports:
       /dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
 Read Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.

Regards,

Antonio