Calling any Earthlink dial up users

HI folks,

Well, I have just verified that my connection issues are definitely with my Earthlink, "chap authentication failed" problem. To test things for me, a friend of mine was able to use WVdial, enter phone/username/password in the command prompt, and dial out and connect to her dial up ISP, which is not Earthlink. At least now I know it's not my modem. connection went through slick as a whistle, I'm so jealous.

So, any Earthlink users out there who can give me advice or point me towards some good documentation, about getting through this Chap authentication issue? I am running the latest Ubuntu distro.

thanks.
~Ann