Re: modem chip 11c11040

Antonis,
   To get the linux-image-2.6.21.0-22.deb package to work with grub,
I had to do some manipulations of the config files.
1) Unpacked the kernel-2.6.21.0-22.rpm  using the Debian tool alien
2) Replaced the Red Flag config files with Debian style config files
This crucially included redirection to tools that Debian/Ubuntu uses
for building the first boot stage RAM disk image,
initramfs-2.6.21.0-22 (or similar name, not under Linux now
3) Assembled the  linux-image-2.6.21.0-22.deb using the the debian
packaging command
$ debian/rules binary
which gets info from the Debian style config files

I suspect you Mandriva process failed because the assembly tools
couldn't properly under the Fedora like config files of
kernel-2.6.21.0-22.rpm
Someone erudite in the differences between Mandriva and Fedora would
be able to work this through.

While not yet definitive, the Red Flag agrmodem.ko & agrserial.ko pair
will I suspect only work with kernels compiled with gcc-4.1.1

I have tried to get the drivers to load under a Ubuntu
2.6.22-14-generic kernel, compiled under gcc-4.1.2
But I have gotten a failure message indicative of compiler version mismatch.
This was even with agrmodem.ko cosmetically masked with Mark Spieth's
fixscript2 tool, so that it appeared to be kernel-version matched with
2.6.22-14-generic

For this reason, every one trying to use these drivers with other
kernels should also check there compiler version with:
$ gcc --dumpversion
or
$ gcc -v
(not under Linux now to check the syntax)

MarvS

Check your g