Success: Debianized package for 11c11040 chipset support on High Definition Audio cards

This is the first clean success report, using the
    linux-image-2.6.21.0-22_2.6.21.0-22_i386.deb , 15 MB
     package containing compatile agrmodem + agrserial drivers.
The rest of the installation is Ubuntu, with these alternate
2.6.21.0-22 kernel+modules installed.

Currently, an effort is in progress to "fixscript" the driver pair to
work with "neighboring kernels.
More later

MarvS
-----------------

Hi Marvin:

I installed the kernel version you have provided, rebooted the system,
loaded the driver and everything worked. I have successfully connected
to a ppp. After a long time it was a great thing to me.
Right now, I'm only missing a driver for my current kernel version.
But I can wait. :)

Thanks,
Abel.

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:

    Abel,

    At this time we lack a code  resource for doing a compile under >
    2.6.24-16-generic
    The first thing needed is a check or the putatively functional drivers.
    This can be done by downloading from
    http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/  , the
    linux-image-2.6.21.0-22_2.6.21.0-22_i386.deb , 15 MB
    This package contains compatile agrmodem + agrserial drivers.

    Install with:
    $ sudo dpkg -i linux*.deb
    Reboot into the new 2.6.21.0-22 kernel option.
    Then
    Run the modem tests as described in the attachment
    i.e.
    $ sudo modprobe agrmodem
    $ sudo modprobe agrserial
    Check for a port creation: