Re: Improving USB support

Pedro,
Again: wvdialconf is to detect the modem and configure a data file necessasry for wvdial to establish a communication..
For winmodems a DRIVER is necessary to make the modem exist.
Pedro,
scanModem is a utility program to be used to find out which driver you need to install for a given hardware.

scanModem, if you follow the instructions (http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/#scanModem) ALWAYS works but not all Winmodems have a driver matching the finding of scanModem.

It seems to me that you expect the same effect from two programs which do not have the same purpo
Pedro,se.

Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Pedro,

 I have to use Wvdialconf because scanmodem does not worked for me. I am here trying to find the "lost step(s)" ;-) so newbies can have it more easy next time to plug and surf..

Better USB support is being  worked up in recent scanModem updates.
But I need test cases to improve automation.

Please run the current scanModem on your System,
and send me the ModemData.txt

MarvS
scanModem maintainer