Re: LKraemer, USA kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

LKraemer,

In wvdial.conf file, I would try to do the following:

Change Init2 string to the following, that is comment out the first
one(add '#') and make the following one active by removing '#'

Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 X3 &C1 &D2  +MS=90

I would apply the suggestion

 ##    To make a logfile wvdial.out
 #  wvdial 2>&1 | tee wvdial.out

and after you make the changes and still not achieve a connection,
submit to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx the file wvdial.out.

<quote>
##Wvdial.conf follows:

 [Dialer defaults]
 # Lines begining with # are comments.
 # wvdial will look for this file at  /etc/wvdial.conf  or
/home/LoginName/.wvdial.rc
 #
 # Redhat/Fedora have an  Internet Connection Wizard in the popup menus
 # ICW will write a two part  /etc/wvdial.conf supporting multiple modem usage.
 #
 #Modem = ModemPort
 # typically a symbolic link to the true port is used, /dev/modem or /dev/ttyS*
 # wvdialconf will test all port names /dev/modem and /dev/ttyS*
 Modem = /dev/ttySL0

 Init1 = ATZ
 Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
 #  Changed &C1 to &C0 to not use Carrier Detect
 #  Lack of dialtone acquisition can be due to low line voltage,
 #    a common problem in Italy.
 #  Try inserting a "dial without waiting": X3
 #  Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 X3 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
 #  In case of connection instabilities, specify a lower frequency:
 #  Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 X3 &C1 &D2  +MS=34
 #  a MS=90 option is sometimes necessary for Internet Providers with
buggy V92 protocols:
 #  Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 X3 &C1 &D2  +MS=90
 ISDN = 0
 Modem Type = Analog Modem
 #Dial Command = ATDP
 ## replaces Touch Tone prefix ATDT to Dialout_phone_number, with
older Pulse prefix ATDP
 Baud = 115200
 Phone =  8374162
 # if going through a switch board, a perhaps necessary pause can
produced with a comma:
 # Phone = 1,Dialout_phone_number
 Username = mylogin@xxxxxxxxxx
 # if Internet Provider is MSN.net, use under Linux:   MSN/LoginName
 Password = mypassword

 # the following lines is NEEDED only for usage with slmodemd or martian_helper

 Carrier check = no

 # Kinternet appears to add it automatically.

 ## If CONNECT is achieved but browsing fails, try activating the following line

 Auto DNS = yes

 ##    To make a logfile wvdial.out
 #  wvdial 2>&1 | tee wvdial.out
 # #  For some Internet providers, the following line is necessary

 Stupid Mode = yes

 ##  for other wvdial  options, do "man wvdial" or see the documentation in
 ##    /usr/share/doc/wvdial/

 # to dial an alternate provide use "wvdial 2nd" which will preferentially read:
 # [Dialer 2nd]
 # Phone =  2nd_phone_number
 # Username = 2nd_LoginName
 # Password = 2nd_PassWord