Re: Emanuele, Italy kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Jacques,

first of all, thank you for your answer.

Jacques Goldberg ha scritto:
Emanuele,

Your ModemData.txt tells you what you have to do step by step!
Have you tried to read it and apply the instructions?

Yes, I read the instructions, but what makes me ask for your help is the emphatized part in the text:

The modem is supported by the Smartlink slamr driver
*plus the slmodemd helper utility.*  Read the
Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.

Now, I don't have any slmodemd utility installed. Infact:

$ slmodemd --version
Il programma «slmodemd» non è attualmente installato. È possibile installarlo digitando:
sudo apt-get install sl-modem-daemon
*bash: slmodemd: command not found*

I read Smartlink.txt, but (for me) it's not enough clear about the way to install the slmodemd utility. I tried to install the sl-modem-daemon package (via Synaptic package manager), but if I understood correctly some previous messages, in Ubuntu there is a wrong version of the utility. To be sure about this, when I finished to install the sl-modem-daemon package, I wrote in the console:

$ slmodemd --version

and I got something like "2.9.9e" that should be wrong (infact in other messages I read that the right version must be 2.9.11). Am I right?

I removed the slmodemd package, but now I don't know how to install the slmodemd utlity. ModemData.txt don't cover this part of the procedure. Can you help me?

Thanks, bye.

Emanuele