Mike Lambourne, UK

Hope the attachment is of some help to someone - unfortunately it was no help to me in getting this modem working as I was totally bemused by all these files:
1stRead.txt
Bootup.txt
DriverCompiling.txt
InfoGeneral.txt
Intel.txt
ModemData.txt
Rational.txt
Smartlink.txt
SoftModem.txt
Testing.txt
UNSUBSCRIBE.txt
YourSystem.txt
dmesg.txt
modemlist.txt
scanout.00:1f.6
wvdial.txt

Which one do you read after 1stRead.txt?
How do you get it to be available on startup ?- couldn't work that one out.
Managed to get the 'cable plug icon' in system tray and right-click, but did not connect

Have given up and bought an external usb modem as my 3 US Robotic modems are serial.

It's a shame, I've been trying to get 'converted' for years, but it's still painful. I suppose it doesn't help working in the UKs education system as they want Micro$oft everywhere, so thats what I work on all day. It would be great if I can convince education that Linux is a viable alternative, but with this kind of mucking about, I don't think it's going to happen soon . Although this is not the usual thing, trying to get an old style modem working, I have had similar frustration getting laptop wireless to work easily.

--
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike Lambourne