Re: Reginald Gibson, USA, kernal 2.6.22-14 generic

Folks,
  If any of you are using AOL as an internet provider please add to
the discussion

Reg,

Through the snd-hda-intel audio+modem driver
$ sudo slmodemd -c USA --alsa  hw:0,6
will do the basic activation of your modem.

But search at Google with "AOL Linux" for additional dialout code and
drivers needed.
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialAOL.html    looks OK for
a starter.

MarvS