From: Gary Lubrani <glubrani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Rudy Haryanto, Indonesia Mandriva Linux release 2008.0
(Official) for i586
To: Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>

MarvS

they have 8 more Actiontec Venus chip hardware modems at eBay here's the link

try this modem (they have 8 left) , MarvS said drivers are alreadu included in
Linux (including Ubuntu) It's a hardware modem. I'm going to try one
but it sure is a good lesson in Linux as we struggle to get the
WinModem to work!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lucent-Venus-Chip-56K-PCI-Hardware-Modem-Windows-Linux_W0QQitemZ270213043559QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

in case you want to give it out. thanks for the code to set it up.