Dynalink Agere SV92P PCI Modem

Hello

I have been trying to get a Dynalink PCI modem board with the Agere SV92P chipset
working, following the HowTo page at Ubuntu
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto) which in turn took me to
linmodems and the scanModem pages.

The modem is detected as the Agere SV2P as follows in ModemData.txt as shown below.

I have installed the Lucent driver as per the instructions here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto/Lucent

and the modem is happily detected by wvdialconf as /dev/ttyLTM0.

However when I attempt to dial out, it can't get dial tone (see wvdial output below).

I have seen a number of older references to the SV92P chipset not being supported
under Linux, however it seems that the SV2P driver is communicating with the modem.

My question is: should the SV92P based board work with the SV2P driver?
Or am I wasting my time with it?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Terry