Re: Agrsm problem

Jacques --

The modem device is protected against usage by any other user than root on purpose. Otherwise, hackers can use this port to the world in the opposite direction.

OK, I understand healthy paranoia, but how can I safely allow a non-root user to dial out? I'm trying to configure an Ubuntu 2.6.22 box for my mother-in-law;-)

I was hoping that setting the sticky bit on "/etc/wvdial.conf" might do the trick. On our FC7 platform, however, `man chmod reports that the "Linux kernel ignores the sticky bit on files."

Or is this a topic for a wvdial list?  What name/address?

-- Roy