Re: Which chipset identified

Lam,

I do not understand this message.

In your first message http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg00345.html
you sent ModemData.txt

In my reply
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-eighth/msg00351.html
I explained that the chipset is not known but probably supported by ONE of the Linuxant HSF driver OR the SmartLink driver. I told you how to find which modem you have by using Windows, but I see no reply from you to that question. Finally I wrote that you can try first the HSF and then the SmartLink driver if the HSF does not work.

I do not see any additional message from Marv, such as what you quote.
I can GUESS, but I am not sure, that Marv may have wanted to tell you that you can get the instructions how to install the HSF driver by making scanModem believe that you have an HSF modem:
./scanModem test 8086:284b 17aa:20ac
With this command scanModem works as IF you had an HSF modem and therefore writes in Conexant.txt how to install the driver.
This does NOT establish that you modem is a Conexant.

Now please read what you have written and explain what this means!
Did you expect that the command ./scanModem test 8086:284b 17aa:20ac
will transform your unknown modem into a Conexant modem?

Sorry - Jacques

Lam Kuan Kin wrote:
Jacques,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did what Marvin Stodosky suggested. ------
The negative results such a Conexant chip in the
1025:0133 Subsystem

You  can fake a known Conexant modem with:
    ./scanModem test 8086:284b 17aa:20ac

This will output detailed instructions for download.--------------------------  it output a conexant hsf

Modem is now detected  but I am still trying to get it working.