From: Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx>
To: Lam Kuan Kin <k2lam@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:15:28 AM
Subject: Re: Which chipset identified

Unknown device, two possibilities:
Do you have Windows on the same machine?
Then
Settings->Control_Panel->System->Hardware->Device_Manager->Modems->Select
your modem ->Drivers (possibly Details->Drivers)
If you see HSF or HCF or CNXT or CONEXANT, you will find instructions
 in
your Linux directory where scanModem created the file Conexant.txt and
ModemData.txt. Read Conexant.txt. Try this first. If does not work,
REMOVE IT before trying the other possibility explained in
 Smartlink.txt:
Read Smartlink.txt for details, and
to test get the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz from:
     http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/

If you do not have Windows, try both in the order which you like (read
Conexant.txt and Smartlink.txt to select the easiest). If the first
choice fails, REMOVE THE INSTALLED FILES before trying the second.

Jacques