Re: Please help me!

Boopathi

For modem in PCI bus:  02:02.0
   Class 0703: 1543:3052 Modem: SILICON Laboratories Intel 537
      Primary PCI_id  1543:3052
      Subsystem       1543:3000
 Support type needed or chipset:	INTEL537_on_1543:3052

under Ubunutu Kernel 2.6.22-14-generic
----------
This is newer modem hardware with two possible routes to service under Linux:

1) Philippe could you please write init codes for
      Primary PCI_id  1543:3052
      Subsystem       1543:3000
into your Intel-537EP package, for Boopathi and Zoran (under Ubuntu
2.6.20-15-generic)  to test?

2) The Primary 1543:3052 chip is also used in one of the Smartlink modems,
so at Smartlink maintainer Sasha's suggestion, I'm putting the inits
into the slamr & ungrab-winmodem packages too.

Boopathi,
    Read the Smartlink.txt about usage of the ungrab-winmodem + slamr
dirvers.  From http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/packages/smartlink/Ubuntu/
download the slamr-2.6.22-14-generic.tar.gz .  Under Linux
$ tar zxf slamr*.tar.gz
And browse the files in the new folder/
slamr-2.6.22-14-generic

Do NOT run the setup, as I have to send you replacements for the
slamr.ko and ungrab-winmodem.ko

The general situation is that
  Primary PCI_id  1543:3052
is a generic base workhorse, and SUbsystems like 1543:3000 specify
which software package should work with it, plus a little more.
Silicon Instruments (Vendor ID 1543) customizes a Subsystem at the
request of a modem manufacturer, for service only under Microsoft
code.  Thus it is an experiment to try to achieve functionality under
Linux.

Let us know your residence Country when you respond again,

MarvS
scanModem maintainer