Re: from David Chandler in US

David

The diagnostics reported under the ModemData3.txt conditions are
INDEED the 1st step to success, the modem card finally being enabled
and thus supporting ALSA diagnostics.

Carefully record what allowed you to achieve it.

The modem activation command must be:
$ sudo slmodemd -c USA --alsa modem:1

More later

MarvS
====================
Summary card and chipset information is in:
/proc/asound/cards:
 0 [I82801AAICH    ]: ICH - Intel 82801AA-ICH
                      Intel 82801AA-ICH with AD1881A at 0xd800, irq 5
 1 [Modem          ]: ICH-MODEM - Intel 82801AA-ICH Modem
                      Intel 82801AA-ICH Modem at 0xe000, irq 5

/proc/asound/pcm:
00-01: Intel ICH - MIC ADC : Intel 82801AA-ICH - MIC ADC : capture 1
00-00: Intel ICH : Intel 82801AA-ICH : playback 1 : capture 1
01-00: Intel ICH - Modem : Intel 82801AA-ICH Modem - Modem : playback
1 : capture 1

 Modem interrupt assignment and sharing:
  5:      31599          XT-PIC  Intel 82801AA-ICH, Intel
[17188670.400000] PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1f.6 to 64

 For candidate modem in PCI bus:  00:1f.6
   Class 0703: 8086:2416 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801AA AC'97 Modem
      Primary PCI_id  8086:2416
    Subsystem PCI_id  5349:4c21
    Softmodem codec or chipset from diagnostics: SIL21, a Pctel type.
                               from    Archives: