Re: Emanuele, Italy - Ubuntu 7.10 kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Emanuele Pagone wrote:
Hello,

searching over the internet, I found an older driver (you can find it in attachment) that *seems* to work with my Netodragon softmodem (at least, this is what I read). Could be of any use to give it a try?

Note by JG: file used by Emanuele is slmodem-2.9.10_netodragon.tar.gz

Emanuele,
If you have not changed your DEVICE from slamr0 to hw:something, then you are running slmodem in native, not ALSA, mode.
SmartLink full compatibility is not surprising for the Netodragon.
In such a case however you better try with the most recent version 2.9.11 of the SmartLink driver at http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/smartlink To the best of my knowledge, though, it has not been tested with your very recent kernel. From the README file you will see that you can compile the driver in native or in ALSA modem. We definitely recommend the ALSA mode, which is what you have actually installed but possibly improperly configured and tested.

Jacques