Re: XU Feng, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Dear Feng Xu,

Your modem is a completely unknown device manufactured by Legend Ltd. in Beijing. According to previous such cases, it is almost certainly like a Conexant modem or other HDA. These alternatives, as explained in ModemData.txt, are respectively supported by the Linuxant and the slmodem (ALSA mode) drivers. ONE only can work, and we cannot tell you which. So meanwhile I suggest, as in ModemData.txt (read it again) to first try the Linuxant HSF driver (see the file which I attach to this mail).
If it works, please LET US KNOW.
If it fails, wait for a clarification which I have asked from our experts, which version of SLMODEMD is to be tried. Remember to remove the Linuxant driver if it does not work, before trying to install and use SLMODEMD.

Jacques

feng xu wrote:
Hi linmodems.org,

please help make my modem work. Thank you all.

___________________________________________________________ ??????????,???????! http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/gc/index.html?entry=5&souce=mail_mailletter_tagline