Re: edward saal, South Africa, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Edward,

From
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_659668505_0_en,00.html
it is related that Lexmark is sympathetic to Linux support, but this
is still for experts.  Ubuntu does have some Lexmark support and will
recognize your printer if it is among the supported one.

HP printer support is much better. Start at
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/linux/products/printing_imaging/index.html
But this List doesn't deal with printer problems.

There is a report that your USB modem works under Linux
http://www.linux.org.za/Lists-Archives/glug-tech-0407/msg00559.html
But please send us the ModemData.txt  if you want us to assist.

MarvS