Re: Si3054 success, problems on OpenSuSE 10.3

Bjorn,

Sadly there is no support for the  0x11c11040 chip modem as yet.
The major problem is that it is really not  Si3054 specializtion as
originally assumed.
Rather LSI/Agere contacts have informed that it is totally their own construct.

The dialout symptoms you relate have long since been reported to the
snd-hda-intel maintainer,
who still has some hope of working out a fix.
But as of now, alternate hardware will be needed for modem service under Linux.
Read InfoGeneral.txt about alernatves.

Condolences

MarvS
scanModem maintainer