Re: Amos - Italy:SIS AC 97 modem

Italian users,
   Do any of you have experience with telecom/libero.it  as an IP??

Amos,

Please join the List at www.linmodems.org,  or each of your messages
has to await  manual Moderation before being sent to the List.

RE Stupid Mode = 1
While this mode is sometimes necessary, service is better if it can be
avoided.  Neutralize with a # , i.e.
#   Stupid Mode = 1
you can easily remove the # later if desirable

Re:   Username and Password have to be between ""? I tryed but no changes.
"  are not necessary

Every time you want to make a change in /etc/wvdial.conf . first shut
down wvdial with
#  Ctrl-C

It is a good precaution to also shut down slmodemd in its starting console with
Ctrl-C
Also unload the modem driver with
# modprobe -r snd-intel8x0m

Then restart with:
# modprobe snd-intel8x0m
# slmodemd -c ITALY --alsa modem:1
and retest for the effectiveness of the changes under
# wvdail

MarvS